Of judging Panel
• The TEXSOM International Wine Awards judging is conducted by panels of four qualified tasters, chosen from the most-experienced and well-trained palates in the wine industry.
• Each panel includes a trained Panel Director from the TEXSOM International Wine Awards team to facilitate the judging flow and record-keeping.
• In addition, one judge on each panel is designated as the Panel Chair, acting as liaison with the Panel Director and maintaining records.
• Each judging panel is assembled with a mix of disciplines including judges with specialist skills and those with a global perspective so that multiple viewpoints will be considered in the evaluation of the wines.
• The invited judges are experts in the fields of wine tasting and evaluation, including Master Sommeliers, Masters of Wine, Certified Wine Educators, enologists, wine writers, professors, beverage directors and sommeliers, buyers for on- and off-premise retailers, and other influencers within the wine and wine service industries.
• The complete list of judges, once confirmed for 2019, will be available on our website.